Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rain (And Pray) Away the Worry


This morning I woke up to the sound of rain. Normally, I like rainy days. They can be refreshing, almost restful. However today, it's bringing me down, making me feel tired and burdened. The dark hues of gray and blue seem to be somewhat of a reflection of my own disposition the past couple of weeks. I don't want to sit here and write about all my personal problems and worries. I'm sure you all have enough of your own; but I would like to share something that keeps me going. So if you're life seems rainy without much hope remember this:
"It is not the will of God that His people should be weighted down with care. But our Lord does not tell us that there are no dangers in our path. He does not propose to take His people out of the world of sin and evil, but He points us to a
never-failing refuge
....
We may find rest and peace in God, casting all our care upo
n Him; for He cares for us." -Ellen White
"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

"Cast ALL your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Rain is a beautiful thing, I don't want it tainted with the cares of this world. I believe that God sends the rain to refresh the earth, and to clean away the dust; not remind us of all the things going wrong in our lives. Let the rain give you rest. Let the rain clean away the dust; but most importantly, let God do the same on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment