Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm waiting for...?

I keep waiting for my life to pick up and start. I'm constantly looking ahead to the days when I'll be finished with school, possibly married, with a career. I don't really want to spill my guts, here. But I will say that coming to the point where your future isn't as sure as you thought it was, is somewhat unsettling. I'm working really hard on enjoying the very moment I'm in. This moment is good because I'm earning money (doing virtually nothing but gracing the lobby with my presence), I have coffee to ease this early morning, and it's Friday and rest is coming. This week is good because a relationship stretched thin has made some changes for the better, I joined the communications club, and I scored a 97% on my Spanish test.
This month is good because it's fall, the colors are changing and the weather is getting cooler; I'm doing well in my classes, I'm going home for a "Once in a Century" shopping extravaganza, and I get to see my niece (who is, by the way, the coolest kid in life).
This year is good because I'm able to be at Andrews University with my friends, I've been blessed with two jobs, I was able to spend my whole summer at home, I have a car again, and most of all; I serve a God who loves me with all His heart and He won't give up on me, even when I play hard to get. So I don't really know what I'm waiting for. My life has already started and it isn't all that bad.

2 comments:

  1. And...you have someone on the other side of the world that loves you and prays for you daily. Now, come on! How many people have that?? lol. I miss you and I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....AND someone a couple doors down who loves you very much and thanks God everyday for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete