Friday, September 17, 2010

Really Meyer Briggs testing, really?

On Monday I took one of those personality tests for my communications class. On Wednesday we got the results and it's official. These tests are bogus. Before we got our results we were told to guess which personality type we thought we had. The result they gave me was not my first choice. It wasn't even my second choice. It was my third choice. Now the question is, which one is more accurate? What I know about myself, or what this test says about me. The personality type result wasn't what really blew my mind, but the career options that came with it. Things like race car driver, computer technician and dental hygienist. I've never owned a car I could drive over 70mph, I detest computers for anything but writing papers and using the internet and I hate the smell of dental offices. I think I'll stick with my English major, thank you. Which brings be to a happy snippet of information, I finally got a job in the English Department! It won't be anything too impressive; just helping Dr. Jones check resources and grade papers, but I'll finally be working enough hours to keep my head above water.
Today I will be attending "the ultimate team building experience". This is also for my communications class and I'm trying really hard to be excited about it. What isn't fun about spending 8 hours participating in team-bonding experiences? *side note: we've been learning how to create sentences in Spanish, so every time I type out a question I feel the need to put an upside down question mark at the beginning. there is no such key.*
Finally, I would like to give a shout out to my friends, and fellow bloggers, Ally and Sam who recently went to the Philippines on mission work. Check out their exciting life in another country in their blog. Photo: Allison Hanaway, Photographer Extraordinaire

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! It's a weak-minded person that needs a test or another person to define who they are. Stay strong, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete