Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer in a Nutshell

What is it about school that makes me excited and anxious and dreadful all at the same time? Here I am again getting ready for another school year. It seems crazy that I'm already headed into my third year of college. This summer has been really great, and I truly did need it. I can't say that I accomplished everything I hoped to, but I learned alot about cooking, my family and myself. I'm sad to leave home. Especially since I won't be coming back for more that a couple weeks at a time. Here is Summer 2010 in a nutshell:

pie. fresh basil. painting. baking. swimming. anniversaries. sweet little girl.
fairs. family. bikes. boyfriend. driving. water parks. chocolate. rain. sweet corn.
green beans. love stories. farmers market. books. cousins. concerts.
cleaning. babysitting. cookies.
laughing. loving. learning. growing. praying.

My last care-free summer is coming to an end; it's bittersweet. Tomorrow I start the 8 hour trip to Michigan... to work... to classes. But I'm anticipating great things for the next school year and the beginning of my adulthood life. Things like meeting new people, enjoying all my english classes, my new job, being with my best friend, spending time with old friends and growing closer to God. Here's to Summer 2010 and here's to the start of another school year.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, memorable and short summer it was.

    ReplyDelete