Monday, May 17, 2010

Rain On Me

The other day I was going through my junk drive getting it ready for my sister to use for school. As I weeded through all the... junk, I came across something I had written in high school for a project. I'm posting it because it shows a bit of who I am and where I come from; but most importantly, it shows me how far I have come. So here it is:


This testimony isn’t exactly like others. I can’t really say what my life was like before I met Christ because I was raised knowing Him. He has always been there. I can’t really talk about the difference He has made in my life because like I said before, He has always been there.

But there have been times in my life where I KNEW that I needed Gods help, or more so just His Presence. Just to know that He is with me. I have committed my life to Him, although I’ve stumbled many times in my short 17 years. So my testimony is mostly about the past summer. It was one of the most defining times of my life, and God was the one who got me through it all.

At the end of my junior year/ beginning of that summer I lost my two best friends. It was one of those things that in my gut I knew that what my friends were doing was wrong, and not a good influence on me. I was getting tired of being involved in constant drama, and just the way I acted while I was around them. They were the only people that I hung out with and because of that I wasn’t there for my sister when she needed me. Not only was I tired of everything, the things one of them was doing was hurting me, and her. Anyway, it apparently came off to them that I wasn’t a true friend and that I was superficial. When all I wanted was to simplify my life and get my priorities straight. Neither of them understood why what they were doing was hurting me. I was supposed to be the good friend, and stick with them through everything even though it was MY reputation on the line. I wasn’t doing what they were, and I didn’t want people to think that I supported what they were doing. This is when I realized that the friendships weren’t going to be saved. I was getting really upset that this was turning into such a big problem. Throughout the whole summer I stressed out about it. Even though the sickness in my stomach faded, I couldn’t get any of it out of my head. My parents were very supportive, but they had stresses of their own. There was hardly any rain all summer long. Since my parents are dairy farmers, no rain = no grass= no milk= no MONEY.

So one day while my parent were doing chores in the barn I took the 4-wheeler out for a ride. As a drove though one of our fields, everything was rushing through my head. I felt so overwhelmed with everything. So I turned off the 4-wheeler and laid back on it in the middle of the pasture. I didn’t really know what to do so I started to pray. At first it just started out as a prayer for some rain. The field was turning brown, and it would really lift some of the stress form my parents. I was feeling so depressed about everything and as I prayed I started to cry. Through my sobs my prayer for rain turned into prayer for a spiritual rain. I asked God to rain on me. For a while that’s all I could say to Him. “RAIN ON ME” To be with me through all the stuff I was going through. Right then I felt water dropping on my face. It was raining. God was raining on me. It felt so refreshing, and I just knew that God was with me. By the time I got back to the house I was soaked. I changed into some dry clothes and looked out the window. Reaching from one end of the sky to the other was a double rainbow.

This last summer was one of the hardest of my life. But that day I knew that I was standing up for what I knew was right, and God was right at my side. My summer didn’t really get any easier after that. That’s not really how it works. In fact, after breaking up with my boyfriend a week before my senior year, it seemed even worse. But through it all God was there. Just like He promised.


3 comments:

  1. reading this post felt like i was right there in your room and we were having one of our conversations. i need Him to rain on me right now and reading this made me realize that all i need to do is ask. thanks friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post...I saw your blog on Mariel's...Sometimes (a lot of the time) we get so caught up in our own stuff...that we forget to slow down be in the moment and be with him! Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete