Monday, May 3, 2010

Home for the Summer

School is out for the summer, and as I walk in the door after an 8 hour car ride home I find fresh cut rhubarb sitting on the kitchen counter. I think my Dad is looking forward to having me home, if only for the Rhubarb Cream Pie.
I haven't spent a summer at home since after my sophomore year of highschool, even though I absolutely love my home in the summer.
Life is really starting to pick up. I'm going into my 3rd year of college, and starting to feel more and more like an adult. I'm dealing with money (or lack thereof ), school and starting to plan my future. I think I really need this summer at home. I need it to take a bit of a break, put some things back into perspective, and maybe do some things I've been putting off. Once the school year picks up again in the fall, there's no chance of slowing it down, no chance of slowing my life down at this point. It just keeps going by faster. But I'm very thankful for the summer I get to spend in Chetek. Making pies, gardening, working, reading and maybe even sewing.
I used to love making rhubarb pies, especially for my dad. And there's been too few in the past few years. Here's to Summer 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment