Tuesday, March 20, 2012

If You're Interested...

in some pretty useless info about yours truly, read on. The truth is, I'm at work and going crazy with the amount of nothing that goes on from 6:25 to 12:25 every day. So I stole this questionnaire from another blog.

1. Why did you start your blog?
Honestly, I'm not really sure. My friend Mariel is the one who suggested it. Sometimes I feel like I have important things to say... you can be the judge of that.
2. What is your name? (Or what do you wish you were named?)
Lisa Mae. I really like my name, actually. Although, when I was little I wanted my name go be Jasmine, go figure.

3. When is your birthday?
February 27th.

4. Name 3 jobs you’ve had in your life.
One of my first jobs was at a frozen dough factory called Bake-n-Serve. It was truly horrible. Fridays were the worst because those were the days everyone had to clean the machines. Basically, everything was hosed down it water and by the end of the day you were covered in soggy dough. The most enjoyable job I have ever had is working at a summer camp called Camp Wakonda. I worked there for two summers that consisted of campfires, marshmallows, sleeping under the stars, lullabies, amazing friends, amazing kids, covered wagons, indian costumes, and so much more. I could go on and on. Currently I work as a receptionist at the girl's dorm at my University. Obviously it's a pretty easy gig considering I can sit here and blog without interruption.
5. If you could have ANY job, what would you do?
This is where I get myself in trouble. I can't say that I have a dream job. There are jobs that I would like more than others, but I am really not very passionate about my career path. To be completely honest, the job I want the most is to be a mom. Plain and simple. I don't think there is anything I could be more passionate about.

6. What are you most afraid of?
Considering I am not passionate in my career choice I would have to say that my biggest fear is paying off my school loans. I try not to let it stress me out too much. I know that God will provide as long as I am faithful to Him first. I do as much as I can.
7. What was your favorite item as a child?
I used to have an Ernie doll (from Sesame Street) that I loved. Apparently I would suck on his nose. Until I bit it off. Which as I am writing sounds very strange...

8. What are 3 movies you could watch over and over?
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Gone with the Wind
Pride and Prejudice
(A&E mini-series)


9. Your dream vacation would be…
Somewhere like Norway or northern France or Italy. I have never been out of the U.S. but if I did get the chance to travel I would want to visit Europe-- all the little villages and the countryside and not so much the big cities.
10. Must have snacks?
Pretty much, yes. Lately I am obsessed with almonds and dried pineapple.

11. Go-to outfit and hair?
I'm not the most fashionable girl. Sometimes I can be but it takes a lot of work and time... and resources that are unavailable to me as a student working through college. Jeans and a hoodie are probably my go-to outfit. I can say with certainty, however, that my go-to hair style is a french braid and that was long before Katniss Everdeen, mind you.

12. Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
Obviously it's the tops we all want, but yes, I do eat the stems. The real bummer is when the whole bag of broccoli is stems, like the Walmart's Great Value brand. Shocker.

13. Favorite ice-cream?
Impossible to decide. Well, not impossible. My longest standing favorite is Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide.

14.
Favorite day of the week?
Probably Saturday. It's the one day each week that I can completely put all my worries aside and focus on friends and family. It's also the day I go to church and take a break from things like T.V. and homework.

15. What do you do most often when you are bored?
When I am bored I most often go on Facebook and I hate myself for it. However, I am on Spring Break this week and have been watching Downton Abbey. I am on the second season and am loving it.

16. What is your favorite board game?
I'm not sure that I have a favorite board game. I like card games better. Pit, Skip-bo, Fill or Bust, those types of games are the best.

17. Favorite smell?
Charcoal grill, fresh linen, hay.

18. What’s under your bed?
Suitcase and shoe boxes.

19. Which useless superhero power do you wish you possessed?
Teleportation, for sure. To be able to see anyone I wanted at a moment's notice would be amazing. I am always missing people.

21. If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be?
Maybe C.S. Lewis. But I would also really like to meet my grandfather. He was a cowboy and I just know that he had great taste in Literature.
William Wisniewski. Chester, Montana circa 1959.

1 comment: