Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 In A Nutshell

You know when old people tell you that time goes quicker the older you get? Well, I think that might be true. When I was little a week seemed like eternity. But this year has really flown by. Really. Since the new year is quickly approaching, I thought it would be appropriate to do a bit of a recap of 2010. The good has definitely outweighed the bad and I'm very thankful for all the experiences I've had and all the people I have shared them with. So here goes:

January: Sam and I ventured out one Sabbath afternoon to St. Joeseph's Beach. We were really glad we did because the ice caves were so cool! The entire pier was covered in ice, including this lighthouse.
February: Celebrated our 2 year anniversary on the 16th. Sam hid clues all around his apartment that ended in P.S. I Love You and probably the sweetest note I've ever received in my whole twenty years.
March: Over spring break Sam and I flew out to Washington State and I met my beautiful niece for the first time. And I have loved every minute of being her aunt ever since.
April: The 30th marked the very last day of my first year at Andrews University. This month brought SO many beautiful flowers and blossoms. Also, I started writing this blog which I must say I have enjoyed immensely.
May: The first month of my amazing summer at home! And also my beautiful little sister's high school graduation. She's all grown up *tear*
June: The highlight of June was, of course, campmeeting. This year I got to see my cousin Zoe who isn't able to attend very many family get togethers. My sister and I used to babysit her all the time when she was little and we miss having her around very much. But we were very grateful to spend some time with her.
July: This month was packed full of family and lots of fun. My grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. Pretty much the whole family was able to come and as you can see, it's really hard to fit us all in front of one backdrop. Of course july included fireworks and my grandfathers birthday party spent at the lake with lots of summer food and water tubing.
August: Got to see my one of my oldest friends! We were inseparable since we met in Sabbath School but sadly her family moved to the west coast when we were in the 5th grade (I think). We hadn't seen each other in years so I had to take a picture because this never happens.
I also got to spend some time with my favorite girls, hanging out in Chicago. It was splendid and I can't wait to see them again in 2011!
September: It's really sad that a whole month can go by without anything noteworthy happening... but it did.
October: Fall break was spent back at home and included a shopping trip of epic proportions. However I don't have any documentation of it. Sad day. I need to take more pictures. I resolve to do that in 2011, haha.
November: The Adelante Banquet! Which is basically a banquet that the spanish club at school puts on every year. Why, you may ask, did we attend being that we are not in any way spanish? I couldn't tell you. But we convinced some of our super cool friends to come with us and it was a great night.
December: There were many highlights this month, I might just do a whole separate blog. I have, however, narrowed it down to these two. My niece turned one year old! Seriously. Time flies.
Highlight number two was my families annual Polish Christmas Dinner. We eat all kinds of amazing things like perogie, golumpki, polish sausage with sourkraut and cream puff desert. The latter isn't really polish, but it's still super delicious and worth mentioning.

There it is, 2010 in a nutshell. It was really hard to pick out the best things from this year because there really are so many great memories. It may sound extremely cliche, but I feel uber blessed with the life, family and friends God has given me. So here's to the end of a spectacular year and the beginning of another.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...we only hung out once this whole year?? Thats really sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! your second memory in August definitely made it into my list too (I have it scheduled to come out tomorrow) ;)

    ReplyDelete