Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Communication

I have been home for almost a month. Home is 8 hours away from Berrien Springs, MI. Michigan is where Sam has, and will be, all summer. If you know me, you know that I am a home-body. I love coming home. And I love my family. So when school is out it is always pretty obvious that I will return home for the summer; I'm always excited to be home for the summer. But this time it was different. Coming home meant leaving the one person with whom I really feel at home. "Home" is starting to take on a new meaning for me, I guess. It's weird, really, because I love everything about spending my summer with family, in Wisconsin, cooking, cleaning, biking, walking, doing yoga; but a constant piece of my heart is still in Michigan.

So, here is one perspective on my summer:
Thank goodness we can Skype :)

1 comment:

  1. :( Sorry mi amor!!
    ...Well atleast in a couple weeks you'll be in Green Bay where you'll only be 5 hours and 43 min. away from him....however, then technically you won't be at home..in any way...hmm...maybe i made this worse...i'll shut up now ;)
    Love you girlie!!

    ReplyDelete