Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Prayer and Praise


At my small church in Rice Lake, WI, prayer and praise could be its own event. Which wouldn't be so bad, when you think about it. Being able to share your concerns, problems, faith, and praise is healing. There is something really great about being able to share, out loud, to people who will take up your burden as their own- who will take your joy as their own.

Last Saturday, my Grandpa raised his hand during prayer and praise. This is so uncommon that I actually had to look behind to see who was talking. When I did I saw my grandfather. Praising God for his family- his wife, children, grandchildren. I heard him praise God for our church family- for being there for him and for praying for him. It was just one of those moments when I was so very happy to be where I was. So happy that I was able to hear those words.

1 comment: