Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Twenty-One on the Twenty-Seventh

This past weekend I celebrated by 21st birthday! There were so many great moments, it's hard to know where to begin. Friday night my sister and cousin arrived to spend a couple nights with me at Andrews. It was so much fun to see them both and I wish they could come visit more often! I was determined to make Michigan/Andrews University look good to LeAnne because I want her to come to school here, instead of Union College. Making this state look good is hard. BUT, I think I was somewhat successful in taking them to St. Joseph on Saturday afternoon. It's a very cute touristy town, only twenty minutes from campus. We walked on the pier by Lake Michigan and went to the ever-delicious Chocolate Cafe. LeAnne had the local "Lake Effect Coco" and Kristin had a pretty intense piece of turtle cheesecake. I enjoyed the "Chocolate Chai" and it was amazing. Chai is always amazing; no matter what shape or form it takes.


Saturday evening was when the party began. My wonderful room-mate Marlyn planned an all girls party. The night would consist of bowling in our best dresses, followed by some DE-licious chocolate fondue (yes, I had my fill of chocolate last weekend). Getting to go hang out with all my girlfriends was seriously the most fun I have had in a long time. The nice thing about an all girls party is you can dance and dance and not feel stupid. This was my twenty-first birthday party and Marlyn made me where a ridiculous party hat and feather scarf. Most of the people who asked how I old I was didn't believe me when I told them I was turning 21. Except one exceptionally short gentle-fellow who offered to buy me a drink. It went something like this: Gentle-fellow: 21?! What's your favorite drink?
Me: Uhh I don't know any drinks...
Gentle-fellow: Ok, ok, well what's your favorite flavor?
Me: I don't know... strawberry?? But you really don't have to--
Gentle-fellow: No, no I'll be right back with a drink.
Leah: You realize you're gonna HAVE to drink it since he bought it for you, right?
Lucky for my he didn't end up coming back. I have imagined what it would be like to be bought a drink for my 21st birthday... I didn't imagine it like that.
On Sunday, my actual birthday, Sam made me turkey bacon and eggs for breakfast. And that night we went to Papa Vino's Italian Restaurant. It was tasty and delicious as usual. I got to wear my birthday dress again, with heels this time instead of boots. I also have to add that I bought those heels on sale for, wait for it..... $11! Originally $60, thankyouverymuch.
So my twenty-first birthday was a complete success!! I have the best friends, family, and boyfriend anyone could ask for. I'm a pretty lucky girl.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you're a very lucky girl! Wish I could've been there! Miss you girlie!!

    ReplyDelete