Friday, July 9, 2010

God is My Apple Pie

Tonight I made an apple pie.
I used the same recipe from when I first started baking. It's simple, classic, always good. I know, that without fail, when I bake this pie it will be delicious. It isn't exotic, foreign or complex but it's classic. It's constant.I use the same blue mixing bowl and carefully add each ingredient, making sure the pie crust has just the right consistency at each step. I could do it blindfolded.

I make apple pie when I'm feeling happy.
I make apple pie when I need something familiar.
I make apple pie when I'm missing home.
When I'm feeling that I need one recipe I can make, without fail, I make apple pie.
God is my apple pie. He is the one constant thing in my life, without fail He is there. That still, small, familiar voice that comforts me when I'm longing for home the most. During the times when I have know idea what my future really holds, He's there; the one thing I can take with me throughout my whole life no matter where that may be. With Him, I know it will turn out perfect; my apple pie is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I just love your writing. Both the style and the content of what you have to say are amazing! I am so proud to be your aunt :)

    ReplyDelete